- About CRHSP
- Registrant Benefits
- Find a Psychologist
The Canadian Register of Health Service Psychologists was established in 1985 in response to an increasing need to identify psychologists who met nationally common standards of education and experience in delivering psychological health services, including assessment / diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and prevention.
CRHSP was formed as a non-profit corporation through letters patent and articles of incorporation from the federal Ministry of Consumer and Corporate Affairs.
To credential psychologists for the provision of health services
Our Statement of Purpose
CRHSP is a non-profit corporation established for the purpose of credentialing health service providers in psychology meeting educational and training standards set by the Register consistent with standards of practice for the profession. The Canadian Register promotes professional standards by encouraging and delivering information and knowledge transfer, including various means of continuing education and research.
- Identify Health Service Psychologists meeting educational and training standards set by the Board.
- Publish registers of Health Service Psychologists to assist health service organizations, third party payers, and the general public.
- Promote the public’s access to qualified psychologists.
- Provide timely and useful information to Health Service Psychologists.
- Encourage, promote, and provide programs of continuing education related to psychological health services.
- Conduct or support research related to psychological health services.
- Maintain relations with appropriate provincial, territorial, national, and international organizations.