- About CRHSP
- Registrant Benefits
- About Health Service Psychology
- Find a Psychologist
Search Information and Tips
You may search the online database of CRHSP Registrants to search for Health Service Psychologists who have met the eligibility criteria for admission to the Canadian Register of Health Service Psychologists. The database may be searched either by Name or with an Advanced Search. With the Advanced Search you can search using any combination of City or Postal Code and Area of Expertise, Language, Theoretical Orientation, Ages Served, and Province/Territory.
To search by last Name, type in the name you wish to search for and click on SUBMIT SEARCH button. After a short time, your search results should appear. The listing will include address, telephone number(s), languages spoken, areas of expertise, theoretical orientation, and age groups served.
To use the advanced search, type in a Postal Code or City or use the drop down boxes to specify any combination of Area of Expertise, Language, Theoretical Orientation, Ages Served, or Province/Territory. You should then get a list of all of the CRHSP listees whose match the selected criteria. If you get no matches, try changing the criteria.
Please note that if you are searching by postal code or by city or town, the search looks for exact matches to what you type in. Use the Post Office spelling of the city or town. Please also note that the search is for city or towns which are part of the mailing address for CRHSP Registrants.
The search does not currently take into account province of residence. This means that a search for Sydney can return names of Registrants who live in either Sydney, NS or Sydney, BC. In rare cases, the search may return the name of a Registrant who resides in the city you searched, but the Registrant may not be fully licensed to practice psychology in that province or territory. For example, the Registrant might be licensed and work in New Brunswick, but have their residence and mailing address for a city or town in Nova Scotia. It is appropriate to ask Registrant about their registration status if this is unclear.
To list all of the listees from a particular community (not just those with a particular expertise), leave all of the other search criteria blank (press the “Reset Form” button).
- The search is not case sensitive.
- When using the “Advanced Search”, use the “Reset Form” button to clear data between searches.
- When searching by name, it is not necessary to enter the full name. The search will find all Registrants whose names begin with the letters you type in. For example, searching for “But” might produce Butler, Butts, Button, etc.
- Commas, periods and spaces must appear as they do in telephone book listings or post office spelling, for example:
O’Connor not Oconnor
St. John’s not St. Johns
A1A 1A1 not A1A1A1
- If you get no results when entering a postal code
- try increasing the search distance to make sure that there is a space in the postal code (A1A 1A1 not A1A1A1)
- the postal code may not exist or may be new and not yet in our data base – try another nearby postal code